Tuned to the Ode to Joy
This majestic-sounding wind chime is tuned to the theme of the famous finale of Beethoven's 9th Symphony in D minor (Ode to Joy), which was first performed in Vienna in 1824. With a standing ovation, many in the audience enthusiastically waved hats and handkerchiefs to show their appreciation for the composer, who could not hear the applause because he was almost completely deaf. Leonard Bernstein changed the text from "Ode to Joy" to "Ode to Freedom" and conducted this symphony with musicians from all over the world at the historic fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Wherever you hang this classical wind chime, outdoors or at home, may it remind you of joy and freedom.
The words in the choral finale are from a poem by Friedrich Schiller, and the music from this movement has been adopted as the official European anthem.
Woodstock sound patterns:
- The chimes go through a precision tuning process.
- They are designed by the well-known US musician Garry Kvistad
- The incomparably dynamic sound is reflected in a wide range of tone chimes
- They are weatherproof and therefore suitable for outdoor use
- Woodstock chimes and gongs are handmade
- The materials used meet the highest quality standards
CareTo enjoy your chime for years to come, please follow these care tips:
- You can wash off weather-related deposits on the tubes with a mild soap and water. Please do not use an abrasive cleaning agent.
- In addition, we recommend that you regularly care for the wooden components with wood oil.
Total length: 67.4 cm
Consists of 8 silver tubes
The total length refers to the length from the suspension to the lower edge of the wind catcher.
|Shipping weight:||1,20 kg|
|Note on Delivery:||* Applies to deliveries to Germany. For delivery times for other countries and information on calculating the delivery date, see here.|