Ornate Hand Engraved Singing Bowl
The shiny, hand-engraved singing bowl is decorated with a Medicine Buddha in the inner center. He holds a medicine or herb pot in his left hand, and a rose blossoms to his right. In Buddhism, the Medicine Buddha stands for healing all diseases - even those of ignorance.
This is what distinguishes the Medicine Buddha Singing Bowl:
- High gloss, smooth surface.
- Buddha hand engraving on the inner bottom of the bowl.
- Long resonating sound
- For decoration, sound massage, meditation, mindfulness practice.
- Beautiful craftsmanship from Nepal
- Weight: 400 - 600 g
- Diameter: approx. 12 cm
- Height: About 7 cm
- Sound Sample:
Sound & Areas of UseThe shell sounds very balanced. It is suitable for sound massage as well as accompanying meditation or mindfulness exercises with children and adults.
Because of its low price, beautiful sound and easy to play, it is ideal for beginners.
Traditional ManufacturingNepal is located in the famous Himalayan Mountains and has a long tradition of singing bowl manufacturing. The manufacturing is done in small workshops and is a sweaty affair. The composition of the metal is a secret and has a significant effect on the sound quality.
- First, a metal disc is made to glow. Then, several men drive the shell out of the disc by hand, bit by bit, with great force and skill, using hammers. As usual in blacksmithing, many operations of annealing and driving are necessary until the final shape is achieved.
- Finally, the shell is smoothed before it receives its beautiful luster by extensive re-polishing by hand. After more than 30 hours, the shell is then ready.
- Due to the handwork and the changing composition of the metal, each singing bowl never sounds exactly like the other.
Tip: To go with it:
|Shipping weight:||0,85 kg|
|Note on Delivery:||* Applies to deliveries to Germany. For delivery times for other countries and information on calculating the delivery date, see here.|